In addition to the Quarterly Journal, The Society for Army Historical Research has also produced a number of special publications, the latest of which is featured below.
Special Publication No. 17
"... a damn nice thing .., the nearest run thing you ever saw in your life ...' A Peninsular and Waterloo Anthology. Published 2015.
The soft-back, A4 sized book is illustrated extensively in colour across its 175 pages and includes:
- The hitherto unpublished letters of the Luard brothers who fought in the 4th Dragoons in Spain and Portugal.
- A study of the Daniel Maclise painting 'The Meeting of Wellington and Blucher after the Battle of Waterloo'.
- Eight illustrated essays on Waterloo artefacts from the National Army Museum collection.
- An examination of the invention and operation of the Shrapnel shell in Spain and the Netherlands, 1808-1815.
- Two new accounts of the Battle of Waterloo.
- Schematic artwork by Bryan Fosten of all of the British regiments at Waterloo.
All members received a copy as part of their subscription at the end of 2015, but anyone interested in the Napoleonic Wars may wish to acquire a copy. It was very well received by members as the following comments indicate:
"' ... a damn nice thing ...' is. Well done to the Society."
"Warmest congratulations to you and the contributors on the Waterloo Special ... You have done a marvellous job."
"What a super surprise, the Christmas present just arrived from SAHR! ... You have worked extremely hard to edit this excellent commemoration of Waterloo and I am sure that every member will enjoy it."
"... congratulations on producing a magnificent publication, beautifully presented and illustrated ..."
Copies can be obtained from the Honorary Editor, Andrew Cormack at firstname.lastname@example.org - for £10 plus postage and packing. Invoices will be despatched to those ordering the book after posting. Please do not send money with your order. A PayPal facility is available for those ordering from overseas.